What you’ll learn
- Define who your target student is
- Define clear course goals that get students excited about learning from you
- Get a clear scope of what your course will need to cover
You should have a topic in mind that you would like to teach
You should have signed up to become a Udemy instructor
Are you excited about creating a Udemy course, but unsure how to get started? Do you want to ensure the course you’re creating will appeal to students? Are you looking for some guidance in how to begin your course creation journey? Then you’re in the right place.
In this official, Udemy-produced course we will help you set the foundation for your course. You will walk through these first important steps alongside a fellow Udemy instructor, who will be present throughout this course, learning with you, and asking himself some of the questions you might have. You’ll also meet other instructors who have already published their course and are there to share their experience.
In this course you will:
- Define your target student
- Define your course goals
- Set the foundation for a great curriculum
This course is part of the “Teaching” track of Udemy’s Official Instructor Education Program. In each of our official courses we strive to deliver information-packed lectures that quickly give you the information you need to make your course creation process easy and your final product amazing. We include lots of examples, as well as practice activities to make sure you’re practicing your new skills.
By the end of the course, you will have completed the first step of your course creation journey. You will know who you’re creating this course for, and what your students want to achieve. As our data shows, doing this crucial step will make it easier for you to approach the rest of course creation and also results in courses that garner higher reviews.
Let’s get started!
Who this course is for:
- Udemy Instructors at the start of their course creation journey
- Instructors who have trouble focusing their course content and feel overwhelmed
- Instructors who are looking for some guidance to get course creation off to a great start